What information do we collect?
We collect both personally identifiable information, such as your name and e-mail address, and non-personally identifiable information through this Site.
We collect your first and last name and e-mail address when you register to receive our newsletter. All other personally identifiable information, such as your address and billing information are collected through third-party websites whose privacy policies we encourage you to review.
In addition to the e-mail address we collect to contact you with our newsletter and other updates, we also collect non-personally identifiable information, such as cookies, when you visit the Site.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs; and
- To send periodic emails- the email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Third-party service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other visitors to our Site.
Please note that we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent by browsers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you request information from us, we may share your information in order to process your request.
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third-party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with such information.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications, etc.). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Site will have access to any personally identifiable information that you provide to us, if you do not wish for such service providers to access your information, please do not provide it to us.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety or to prevent fraud.
- Further, in the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected via the Site.
Additionally, please note that non-personally identifiable visitor information may be used as described above and provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
This Site incorporates links to third-party websites, including websites that permit registration for events and those that offer products or services. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures to maintain the security of your personally identifiable information when you enter, submit, or access your information through the Site. That said, please note that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
We communicate with visitors who subscribe to our newsletter on a regular basis via email. You may opt-out of receiving these e-mails at any time by contacting us or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the email. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
This Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. If we discover that we are in possession of personally identifiable information provided by a child under the age of 13, we will delete it from our system.
If you would like to review, update, or remove your information from our system, please contact us using the information provided below. Additionally, if you would like information regarding our disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us as set forth below.
Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your e-mail address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
1600 Wilson Blvd, Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22209